1. I have many passions but for the past 8 years, it’s been ultimate Frisbee. I frequently dream about playing ultimate. Whenever I see a green field, I think “Wow, that would be a great field to play on.”
2. I miss my mom more than anything in the world. She passed away in 2001 when I was 18 and it still hurts to think about it. She was the most important person in my life and I can honestly say that she was the most honest, most sincere, nicest, most caring person I’ve ever met. And I was lucky enough to have her as my mom. That makes me happy but also hurts that she’s gone.
3. My first love is golf, and I miss playing so much. The last time spent with my mom was on mother’s day when we went golfing. I’ve dreamt of playing pro golf for a long time.
4. I cry during movies. Sometimes. Shhhhh.
5. I’ve never been outside of North America, but I’ve been all over Canada more than most people.
6. I drank for the first time when I was 16 at the prom party for the grade 12’s (I was in grade 11). And the first thing I ever drank was coolers. Which continued to be my bevy of choice; until I got drunk off 3 Mike’s hard when I was 18 and that was the end of coolers.
7. I haven’t weighed less than 200 pounds in almost 6 years, but I can still beat you in a race…
8. I bought my first car ever in Oct of 2007. I miss rollerblading to get around and I think since I’m living downtown now I will do more of that this summer.
9. I miss my family a lot but since it’s so expensive to fly home to the Maritimes, I haven’t gone since Dec 2006. I’m going to go this year and really want to go to our family cottage in PEI.
10. I’m extremely proud to have grown up in the Maritimes and would raise my family there in a heartbeat. I love Calgary and the people here but it’s not the same. If you’ve ever been there, you’ll know what I mean.
11. I’m a very honest person. Sometimes too honest. But that’s how I am and I will live and die by that sword.
12. I have an addiction for Haagen Daas ice cream. The 500ml variety. My favourite kind is chocolate chocolate chip and it made me very sad when they stopped selling it in Canada so whenever I’m in the US for a Frisbee tournament, I try and eat it.
13. One of my favourite things to do is to go to an open field and throw Frisbees. Like, I’ll bring 8 with me. And throw for 2 hours. By myself. It’s almost like my form of meditation. Ask me to go throw sometime and you better believe I’m there.
14. I think Frisbee golf is one of the best sports ever. Especially when me and the boys play the Majestic. Ask me about the Majestic and maybe I’ll tell you. If you’re lucky enough.
15. Rhubarb is to me what shrimp is to Bubba Gump.
16. I have built 3 of my own computers. I learned by watching other people and reading about it online. It’s fun being able to do that. But ask me about cars, and I have no clue, just image that I have to get to know More On Car Pressure Washers because I am completely lost whenever I need to wash my car. But I can bullshit and pretend I know what I’m talking about…sort of.
17. I have been designing websites for 6 years and my proudest accomplishment was doing the Umbilical Brothers website for 4 years. They are 2 hilarious guys from Australia who do shows all over the world and I still haven’t met them. But they might be in New York in April/May and I am planning that trip already. I am beyond pumped to meet them. And to see my good friend Deb (whom I met through the forum I built for their website).
18. I have been on television 3 times. And recognized once from an appearance. For being on Street Cents, when I was living in Halifax. I felt like a celebrity. It was pretty special.
19. I have a plastic canvas calendar sitting in my drawer which I started over 8 years ago. I want to finish it one day. It’s an Olympic themed calendar. Maybe I’ll try to have it done by the 2010 games.
20. I can throw a Frisbee longer than a football field.
21. I once shaved my whole body. It took a really long time and I probably wouldn’t do it again. But I liked how my muscles looked really defined, haha I used the shaver from https://factschronicle.com/best-electric-razors-of-2017-revamping-your-outlook-by-shaving-1377.html, even though it was meant to be only for my beard. But I didn’t like how itchy it was when the hair started growing back in, I also got split ends and I had to find a way to get rid of them.
22. I’ve dyed my hair blond twice. Once it turned orange because I didn’t have enough dye. The other time it was very light and I liked it. Would I do it again? Why not?
23. I used to be really really funny in grade 8. Like make people fall out of their chairs laughing funny. Then in the summer between grade 8 and 9 I grew up. I remember reading Sphere by Michael Crichton and feeling more mature. I still make people laugh. But not like grade 8, oh man.
24. I love dogs. Like I can’t wait to have dog food options for pitbulls and a house with a yard so I can get a dog. I think they’re the greatest pet ever.
25. Since I’ve been told I’m random, I’ll throw in a very random fact. I was suspended in grade 3 for one day because I pulled a knife on a kid. It was my grandfather’s and I happened to have it in my pocket. Not sure why I did it. But I haven’t done it since.